- Murder Mystery Dinners are back! Book your spot for the 9th, 23rd, or 30th and enjoy the lively troupe 'Til Death Do Us Party's performance, "It's My Party, and I'll Die If I Want To." Accompanied by a buffet dinner and cocktail of your choice, it's dinner and a show all rolled into one.
- Women's History Afternoon Tea on Sunday the 18th. Take a step back in time with the Legendary Ladies as they present brief monologues of significant women while you enjoy a classic afternoon tea. Later this month, I will introduce you to the historical figures who will be featured right here in the blog.
- Two very special room profiles will also be featured on the blog this month, each one taking you inside the stories and rumors behind some of our "haunted rooms."
- The Munchkin Masquerade on October 29th invites trick-or-treaters downtown. The Hotel Boulderado pulls out all the stops to create a "haunted lobby" where kids can collect their candy, and parents can stop by the Corner Bar for a martini.
- On October 30th, Historic Boulder will feature the Hotel Boulderado on their Ghost Walk Ghost Talk fundraising tour. Spiritualists will be situated in two haunted rooms to see if anything arises.
- Employee pumpkin carving contest! The Maintenance Department came up with a brilliant snowman made of pumpkins last year, and I can't wait to see what creative carvings are entered this year.
Thursday, October 1, 2009
October at the Boulderado
October is here, which means falling leaves, crisp air, and my favorite holiday all year, Halloween. This month is shaping up to be a busy one here at the Hotel Boulderado. Read on to learn what's happening at the hotel and in the blog in October.