Tuesday, March 1, 2011

Day 1 of 365 Days of Boulderado Photos ~ Exterior in March

I've decided to start something new on this blog. Every day, for the next 365 days, I will be posting a photo of the Hotel Boulderado. It could be of anything in the building, outside the building, a detail in a hotel -- anything. In my time here, I've noticed that there are some things that people notice and are intrigued by. Items like the stained-glass ceiling, the cherrywood staircase, etc. But there is so much more history and detail in the building that no one outside our staff realizes. That is my mission in 365 Days of Boulderado Photos; to share the "hidden" details and histories.

One thing I've noticed in reviewing decades of archived photos is how little the exterior changes. The fashions and the cars are the biggest indicators of what time period you are looking at. Yet every day when I come to work, the building looks different to me, depending on the light, the weather, and the time of year. On the first day of each month, I will be taking a photo from the same spot at the corner of 13th and Spruce to show how these factors make the Hotel Boulderado look unique every time I walk through the front doors.

Hotel Boulderado Exterior ~ March